Exceptional & Comprehensive training in sensory solutions for all teachers, OTs and parents...
Some background information for you…
- 2004 - 2009 statistics indicate an increase in SLD (Severe Learning Difficulties) of 5.1%
- PMLD (Profound and multiple learning difficulties) rose by 29.7% in the same time frame
- PMLD is currently increasing by 4-5% per year
- 45% of premature babies who are 20-25 weeks old have significant learning difficulties and 1 in 20 are visually impaired.
This is a strong indication that you are increasingly required to teach and care for children and adults around us with complex special needs. Let's not forget, sometimes having a complex special need means that concomitant difficulties can be acquired as well as innate, because disability is always context related. Do you want to find out the latest thinking in these areas and equip yourself with new skills which will bring benefits across your organisation?
We would like to invite you to join our training session 'An Introduction to Sensory Solutions', delivered by Richard Aird OBE. On Tuesday 21st October 2014 in our sensory showroom at SpaceKraft head office in Shipley, West Yorkshire. This valuable training opportunity will be a comprehensive guide to sensory solutions, which will equip you with essential skills and cover topics such as :
- What is the impact of disability
- Why a sensory solution for someone with complex special needs
- How to establish an interactive multi-sensory environment
- How to assess, improve and monitor impaired sensory function
- How to identify and promote effective approaches for communicating
- What is a contextual profile
- How to create your own sensory curriculum
- How to develop 'SMARTER' sensory solutions
- What is "learning style" and how does it affect sensory solutions...And more!
There will also be a practical session for everyone to try some of our sensory equipment, and ask any questions you may have.
This training will be delivered by a key member of our Advisory Board, Richard Aird OBE.
Richard is one of the UK's most experienced and respected special school head teachers, having managed four schools in the maintained and non-maintained sectors during a headship career spanning three decades. Combined with his expertise in special education, Richard's insight into the need for inter-agency and third sector collaboration is something which local authorities will undoubtedly find of value. Richard's enthusiastic, inspiring and successful approach to SEND has won him many accolades, not least an OBE awarded by Her Majesty the Queen in recognition of his services to special education.
The training is from 10.00am to 3.00pm, at only £35 per person which includes lunch, refreshments, a SpaceKraft goodie bag and a free copy of 'An introduction to sensory solution' written by Richard Aird.
To enrol, please email us or call +44 (0) 1274 581007.